6th Annual Memorial Fireworks Show Friday Night
We’re collecting for the 6th Annual Fireworks Show in 2023!
You can still donate for the Fireworks, but any donations collected after 8/7/2023 in honor or memory of someone will have their loved one’s name on the 2023 banner, as this years banner has gone to print.
Donate to the 2023 Fireworks Show in honor of or in memory of a loved one by mailing a donation to
Meadowlands Fair Fireworks
PO Box 152
Meadowlands, MN 55765
Or Donate Online Here!
Online donation instructions:
1. Click the button below and enter the amount you want to donate.
2. Choose if you would like to make the donation in honor of, in memory of, or just a general donation to the fireworks.
3. Choose to pay using Paypal or a debit/credit card, then hit next. If using Paypal, you will be asked to login.
4. On the next page, click on the text “Click here to add name(s) in honor/memory of” and type in the names of those you are donating for.
5. Complete the transaction. Thank you for your donation supporting the fireworks!
History of the Meadowlands Fair Fireworks
In 2016 a young Meadowlands volunteer firefighter, Joe Brownell, was killed in a tragic ATV accident. The fire department made a donation to the family, who returned it and asked that something be done in Joe’s memory. Joe liked fireworks and the fire department hatched the idea of honoring him with a fireworks show.
Enter the Central St. Louis County (Meadowlands) Fair.
Over the last few years, the fair board has talked about the possibility of adding fireworks to fair, but didn’t have the budget or the motivation to really get the ball rolling. When the fire department suggested a memorial show, with an initial donation in honor of Joe, we knew we had to make it happen.
We also thought that other local families would contribute to memorializing or honoring their loved ones, and we were right. Within 6 weeks, we had raised enough to cover the cost of a small show. We are so appreciative of all those that have donated to honor a loved one or just because they are excited about the addition of fireworks at the fair.
There will be a banner at the fair listing the names of those being remembered/honored.
We will also include them here.